Many people, including the famous youtubers, would like to add a death counter to their survival server tab list. This post will show you how to accomplish this.
Create a death counter for your minecraft server
Utilize the following commands to set up the counter and display deaths on the scorecard
/scoreboard objectives add Deaths deathCount.
/scoreboard objectives setdisplay sidebar Deaths
You can also do /scoreboard players set <player> Deaths <number> if you want to set someone’s deaths to a specific amount.
Putting the death counter in place Video
- To begin, make sure you have OP installed or run the following commands from the console:
- /scoreboard objectives add Deaths deathCount
- This command creates a Deaths tracker for the deathCount objective. The aim of deathCount can also be altered.
- /scoreboard objectives set display list Deaths
- This guarantees that your goal will appear in the (tab) list. BelowName or sidebar are two alternative options.
And then you’re done.
Setting up the death counter
First open you chat field and write
/scoreboard objectives add Deaths deathCount
It should now write “Added new objectives ‘Deaths’ successfully”
Now write: /scoreboard objectives setdisplay list Deaths
It should now write “Set the display objective slot ‘list’ to ‘Deaths’”
If you now press “tab” to view who is online, there is now a number next to their name. Every time a player dies it counts it, and add it there.
If you rather want the death counter to always be shown. Write: /scoreboard objectives setdisplay sidebar Deaths
It should now write “Set the display objective in slot ‘sidebar’ to ‘Deaths’”. The Death counter should now always be shown at the right side of your screen, as on this screenshot.